All the adults were on the porch watching the kids play in the yard when my nephew spotted some wild turkeys so all the kids ran over to look. Then we kind of turn back to the conversation on the porch and I look back to the yard and yea, now its a party. My 3 yr old nephew has dropped his pants and is peeing in the yard.
I stayed in the hotel the night before the wedding and watched "Bridesmaids" with my 2 maids of honor while their mother feel asleep next to us. We kept poking her to stop sleeping, didn't work.
The day of the wedding, I had a lot of prep to do but when I woke up in the hotel I realized I had forgotten a lot of stuff I needed at home. Like yoga pants, underwear and deodorant...oops. Our condo is only 5 minutes away from the hotel so I went home to grab stuff, Mike was asleep but thought someone broke in, using keys.
Then off to nails, hair and make-up at Sephora. We introduced my almost 5 year old niece to a whole new world, I don't think she knew such places existed. All shiny and pink and pretty. She had her nails painted, pink sparkly of course. I had a hair trial earlier in the week and it cost my $60 + tip, day of my wedding $100 + tip. Nothing different, we just put a veil on.
Then off to Sephora for make-up, I had a trial there too and the girl who was scheduled to do my make-up called in sick. Crap. Someone else was able to do my make-up and her parents are named Rebecca and Michael.
Then wedding...and honeymoon, which wasn't that great, just a bad experience in Aruba, whatevs.
Just some quick things I wanted to remember:
- my something blue was my shoes, something borrowed were yellow diamond earrings from my boss and a crystal B pin from my sister in law that she had on her bouquet, was also on mine. Something old was a medallion that was my grandfather's.
- my sister-in-laws were very sweet and stayed with my all day through my prep!
- it started to rain a little after I got my hair and make-up done so I waited with my niece while her mother got the car, I remarked that I hoped it would stop raining and my niece: "Can you still get married?"
- my niece was a little terrified in the limo because there were no seat belts, when she got to where we were getting married she ran up to her mother and said very loudly: "They didn't have seat belts in the car!"
- as I walked to Mike I looked at our friend Jarrod and said: "Up here" which is a joke between us about my cleavage
- as Mike and I were exchanging vows a flock of geese landed in the pond that was next to us
- I exchanged rings with Mike saying that he only had to wear the ring for today, he didn't ever wear jewelry but he still has the ring on!
- Our friend Bryan drove my brother and the maids of honor to the reception in a vintage blue beetle big convertible with empty pill bottles attached to the back
- I stepped in goose crap and got it on my dress so Bryan had scissors in his car and cut it out
- Mike requested a beer while we waited outside before being introduced
- all the little boys in the family had lime green or magenta polo shirts and khakis and all ran in together
- the first thing my 3 year old nephew said to me was "I got jelly beans!"
- we let the kids table order whatever they wanted, chicken fingers, pizza, etc They also had crayons and paper on their table and a center piece of lollipops tucked into a vase of jelly beans
- Our friend Lane wanted to make a speech and he sang a song about us
- My 3 yr old nephew loved my 6 year old cousin, he wanted to dance with her all night